Hi Guys! I have a semi-real website now. CHECK IT OUT!
So I have not been on Tumblr lately and wasn’t about to leave without reblogging some fellow Tumblr who I think succinctly summed up what I think about a town from my home state of Ohio’s highly publicized rape case.
I couldn’t find one that QUITE said what I wanted to. So I’m just going to say it: FUCK YOU RAPISTS AND FUCK CNN FOR BEING COWARDS ABOUT THEIR COVERAGE OF THESE 16 YEAR OLD RAPISTS.
If you think I’m being too harsh on these 16 year old “children”, i beg of them to prove themselves in the future to not be as entitled, spoiled, and disrespectful as they have proven themselves to be. I’d love to recant my statement.
I took a redeye to the Newark Airport Friday night to see family in New York. That’s what I told my boss and any other acquaintance who might have asked. But, really, I took the redeye to Newark on Friday to see my uncle, for probably the last time I will ever see him alive. Don’t pray. Just be grateful that you didn’t take a redeye to Newark last weekend.
He was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer in December. After a brutal 3 months filled with pain, broken bones, and a complete loss of independence, he decided to go off Chemotherapy. Don’t pray. Just be grateful that you’ve never had to make that choice.
My grandmother is 85 years old and losing her firstborn. I feel bad for her most of all. Nobody wants to bury a child, but this is a man. This is a man who protected people while serving in the NYPD for the majority of his life. Now he is helpless. I can feel her heart breaking as she cares for him as if he was the little boy she cared for over 50 years ago. Don’t pray. Just be grateful you haven’t lost a child.
I’ve never been touched by cancer like this. I’m lucky as fuck, apparently. If you want to pray, do it. I don’t care. However, I’d much rather you take your prayer time and think about what you have. Instead of begging an imaginary man in the sky to make my uncle better, think about how you can better the lives of others. If this sounds sanctimonious, it’s because it is. I just would hate for my Uncle to die while a bunch of us sat around doing nothing but praying.
- Me: I think you have mono.
- Him: Impossible, unless you gave it to me.
- Me: I could have, once you're infected the virus lays dormant in the body and can possibly reactivate and infect people throughout the course of your life, even without you having any symptoms.
- Him: If I have mono we are never ever ever getting back together.
- Me: Dude it's not my fault you didn't get it in high school like the rest of the developed world. Maybe your next illness can be a 25-year-late bout of chicken pox.
- Him: I've had the pox, yo. But if you know anyone with Rubella, get at me.
Me: I might meet someone next week. It’s between hot, dumb dude & nerdy, funny dude
Her: What do they do?
Me: Nerdy, funny dude is a Phd student. Hot, dumb dude is a minor league baseball player. Obviously.
Her: I just spit out my coffee
- My dad: Why did you go to the doctor?
- Me: Just a check-up, nothing's wrong.
- My did: Did they say anything about your bobblehead? Has there been any research or treatment?
- Me: So I'm going on vacation with my ex?! People do it all the time!
- Her: Who? Who does it all the time?
- Me: Um, well, just to name ONE example, divorced parents with small children.
- Her: I'm not even acknowledging that as a response.